Grants Available For Talent Development
Posted on September 30, 2020 by Rachel Miller - No Comments
Download the RFA and Application Package.
As part of its Apprenticeship RI initiative, Building Futures requests applicants that seek to develop Registered Apprenticeship (RA) programs in business service occupations (e.g. information technology, finance/insurance, and professional services), with priority given for information technology occupations. All proposals must support workforce development for employers based in Rhode Island or with significant employees in Rhode Island.
A total of $100,000 is available through this RFA, with a minimum of four 4 grants anticipated.
No prior experience with Registered Apprenticeship is necessary.
Successful applicants will demonstrate that an ‘earn while you learn’ model is appropriate and beneficial for their workforce needs. Building Futures staff are available to provide technical assistance to all applicants in developing their registered apprenticeship program.
Registered Apprenticeship: A proven workforce development strategy
- Craft talent development to your company’s needs
- Improve productivity
- Decrease turnover and improve retention
- Broaden your ability to recruit top talent
97% of employers who use Registered Apprenticeship recommend the strategy to their colleagues.
Who can apply?
- Any employer, group of employers, or industry association in business service occupations (e.g. information technology, finance/insurance, and professional services occupations), with a preference for employers with IT careers
- Must be Rhode Island based or have a Rhode Island workforce
Request for Applications open October 1 – December 1, 2020
All applications must be received by close of business on Tuesday, December 1st.
For application technical assistance or questions contact:
Susanna Williams, Swilliams@bfri.org, (718) 772-1757